Saturday, June 26, 2010

Heart aches that glorify God in the end!

Have you had a heart ache that in the end glorified God? Or is that heart ache still there inside of you? Do you understand everything that God has planned for you? Well I had a heart ache and now I understand what God has planned for me through that heart ache.
On July 17th 2009, I started a relationship with a girl that would eventually bring me to my knees asking God for forgiveness and to help me through the struggle. Prior to July 17th my life with God was not as it should have been. I was a Christian, but I was not growing in the word like I wanted to. Now that I have given you a little insight of what my life was like, I will fast forward a little. After I started this "perfect" relationship with this girl my life with God halted. There was no growing, no praying, and no Bible reading. Instead there was unhealthy amounts of texting, and staying up late talking on the phone. My life revolved around this girl. In my eyes she became more important than growing in the word, praying, and Bible reading. (Which is wrong by the way).
Then sometime in October everything started to fall apart one strand at a time. We became distant and I did not understand why. Then by the end of October the relationship was over. I was completely devastated. I was never given a reason why for the way everything happened the way it did. "WHY" was my main question among many others that I constantly was asking myself. The more I thought about it the more I became depressed. I was being drug down by something that was eating me up inside. I just was no longer happy. There was not much that would excite me and I did not talk to anybody. I was hurt and there was so much pain built up inside of me and I was drowning in it. I became so overwhelmed, I did not know how I was going to get through this trial. I would talk to my youth pastor in hopes that he could help, and he did a lot! There was still that question, "why God, would you do this to me?"" Why would you put me into this relationship if you were just going to take it away?" I would sit there thinking to myself, "I wish this relationship would never have happened, It was so hard for me to understand.
Then about 5 months later something inside me changed. I began to understand why. I knew why God started and ended this relationship. I was not putting God first above all. He had to put a major trial in my life to straighten me up. The second I realized this and I handed control over to God I immediately felt better. My feeling of being overwhelmed was gone. I was able to forgive, but I will never forget what God can do if I am not pleasing to him. If that relationship never started, what would I be doing right now? Would I be writing this blog? The answer is no. God does everything for a reason. He has a plan for your life.
I wrote this blog while I was at a Christian camp. While I was there, during one of the main speaking I realized one other thing. It was that while I was hurting and crying after the relationship was over, God was there crying with me. He never hung me out to dry. He does not allow these things to happen just for the fun of it or to be mean. There is a lesson to be learned.
So right now I am asking you, do you have something that is weighing you down? Is there something that has taken over your walk with God? I know that it is hard to admit that you have placed something over God. If you need God to take control, then say a prayer asking him to take back control. Don't lose your-self like I did. If there is something in your life right now that has taken God's place than you need to rethink what is taking his place. Is it worth falling further away from God? If you are in that stage where God has taken that thing that you placed before him away from you, and you are hurting or don't understand why, it is because God has a plan for you. Now I am not saying that the second that the second that you give God control that all of that pain and hurt will go away or the situation will get better immediately. It does take some time, trust me! THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING!!!!! NOTHING is out of God's control. There is a song link below.

Song link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxpQex1GsE0

4 comments:

  1. Danny you said so very much! Heart ache can do some very devastating things to a person. You have reminded me to keep on keeping on. By that I mean that I have experienced heart ache and I am still struggling to get back in full force with God. The hurts we carry deep can do so much damage. I know that mine stemmed from fellow christians whom I respected very much and then it made me question my own service within the church and for God. God is Good and He is showing me the way back. I think you said it best when you said we need to always place God 1st and He will carry the burden while He heals the hearts of those He loves. Thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to say that I am so glad you heard God calling you back and then you answered Him....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jo Leisure, memaJune 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM

    Oh Danny Danny this was a beauiful blog reminding us how God can pull us back to Him by a heart that is breaking. I am so sorry you went through what you did but so happy to see you so joyous today with your eyes and heart focused on God first. I love you. mema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny,your heart is so tender toward God. This post reminds me of one of my favorite books "Pain, the gift nobody wants." Pain is a gift. It tells us something is amiss and our attention is needed- pain is a symptom and it sounds like you addressed the problem not just the symptom.

    ReplyDelete